APEX Certificate Program
The APEX Certificate Program is a structured professional development program for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. This program is designed to help you:
- Improve and build upon your transferable skills and experience
- Explore potential careers of interest to you
- Expand your professional network
- Build a portfolio of professional documents (such as CVs, resumes, teaching dossiers, LinkedIn profile)
- Build confidence in your knowledge, skills and abilities.
The APEX Certificate Program is delivered through a combination of face-to-face workshops and independent online learning. It also incorporates a practical component of professional development work that you tailor to your specific goals. To learn more about how the program works, click here.
Core Session 1: Foundations
The first session incorporates a mapping exercise to help you explore your past and present experiences, skills, knowledge and capabilities. Core Session 1 is being offered on three upcoming dates this term:
- September 23, 9:30am - 12:30pm @ Burnaby campus
- October 12, 4:30 - 7:30pm @ Harbour Centre
- November 15, 12:30 - 3:30pm @ Burnaby
Three other Core sessions build on the topics from Core Session 1. The program is self-paced, so you make it fit your own schedule while you pursue your graduate studies (there is no time limit for completion other than your graduation from SFU). Click here for program requirements.
Tags: professional development