Events and Conferences
Info Session: Venture Connection
Are you a graduate student or postdoc with an interest in entrepreneurship? See how Venture Connection can help you!
In partnership with Coast Capital Savings, SFU Venture Connection supports SFU ventures from initial idea to business validation through an early-stage business incubator program, mentorship, co-op terms, competitions, networking, speaker events, workshops & seminars.
More than 3,000 young entrepreneurs have participated since 2009 in Venture Connection's range of programs, with development services provided to more than 300 student venture teams. Graduate students have also found succeess through Venture Connection, including:
- Maryam Sadeghi, PhD grad from Computing Science, founded MetaOptima Technologies
- Michelle Martin, former grad student in Beedie, founded artsALLY
- Benjamin Britton, student in the Graduate Certificate for Science and Tech Commercialization, founder of Ionomr
- Ehsan Daneshi, PhD student in Mechatronics , Tech and Business Development of Ophthalight Digital Solutions Inc.
Meet Shirin Escarcha from Venture Connection at this info session, and learn about Venture Connection's various programs and services. You'll also hear from current SFU grad student, Ehsan Daneshi, about how Venture Connection helped him reach his goals.
- Date: Wednesday, September 14
- Time: 11am - 12pm
- Location: Burnaby campus, Robert C Brown 6101
- RSVP: Seating is limited so please RSVP using myInvolvement