Scholarships and awards
External Award: Adobe Research Fellowship
The Adobe Research Fellowship recognizes outstanding graduate students anywhere in the world carrying out exceptional research in areas of computer science important to Adobe. This year, Adobe will be awarding fellowships to graduate students working in the areas of computer graphics, computer vision, human-computer interaction, machine learning, visualization, audio, natural language processing, and programming languages.
The Adobe Research Fellowship consists of:
- A $10,000 award paid once.
- A Creative Cloud subscription membership for one year.
- An Adobe Research mentor.
- An internship at Adobe for the 2017 summer.
In order to be considered for the 2017 Adobe Research Fellowship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be registered as a full-time graduate student at a university.
- Remain an active, full-time student in a PhD program for the full duration of 2017 or forfeit the award.
- Cannot have a close relative working for Adobe Research.
A committee of Adobe researchers will be reviewing all applicants and choose the recipients at their discretion. Recipients are selected based on their research (creative, impactful, important, and realistic in scope) and how their work would contribute to Adobe, their technical skills (ability to build complex computer programs), and personal skills (problem-solving ability, communication, leadership, organizational skills, ability to work in teams). Students may be invited for phone interviews following the initial review.
The deadline for submitting a Fellowship application is October 31, 2016 at 5PM PST for more details and to apply please see here.
The Fellowship recipients will be announced by December 15, 2016.
Tags: Scholarships & Awards;