Job and Volunteer Postings
Job Posting: CBAS Postdoctoral Fellowship in Medical Education Research
The Competency-Based Achievement System Research Group (CBAS) in the Department of Family Medicine is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual for a Postdoctoral Fellowship opportunity in Medical Education Research. The Fellow will work jointly with the CBAS Team and with Dr. Ivy Oandasan at the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated Fellow with an interest in secondary data analysis, program evaluation, and competency-based medical education. The Fellow will have the opportunity to take a lead role in analyzing and integrating findings and producing high quality manuscripts using several large databases that have been developed over the past eight years to examine the impact and outcomes of competency-based medical education and assessment in family medicine. The databases available for this project contain an unprecedented amount of qualitative and quantitative data to answer research questions about development, implementation, and outcomes of competency-based medical education. The Fellow will also be working with teams at the University of Alberta and at the College of Family Physicians of Canada who have extensive experience in competency-based medical education and assessment. This position is based in Edmonton.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An earned PhD or PhD equivalent in Medical Education, Educational Psychology, or related field no more than 5 years before the application deadline
- Expertise in mixed methods research; candidates who are strong in either quantitative or qualitative research and willing to pursue further training in mixed methods are encouraged to apply
- Strong writing skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Experience and knowledge related to assessment and competency-based medical education
- Attention to detail and a strong work ethic, including the ability to meet deadlines.
To apply forward your CV and contact information for three references to:
6-10 University Terrace
Edmonton, AB, University of Alberta, T6G 2T4
T: 780 248-1264 (+1 if outside Canada)
Tags: Job Postings;