Scholarships and awards
External Award: Soroptimist Foundation of Canada Bursaries for Women
The Soroptimist Foundation of Canada annually offers several $7,500 grants to female graduate students in Canada to assist them with university studies which will qualify them for careers which will improve the quality of women's lives. Examples include but are not limited to: providing services, providing legal counselling and assistance, counselling mature women entering or re-entering the labour market, counselling women in crisis, counselling and training women for non-traditional employment, and positions in women's centres.
To be eligible, an applicant must be:
- A female.
- A Canadian citizen or landed immigrant.
- An accepted registrant in a full-time graduate studies program (Masters or PhD) or professional program at a similar level (medicine, law) in an accredited Canadian university, at the time of the application deadline.
- Pursuing a course of studies which will lead to a career mainly of service to women.
- Spending a minimum of two years in such a career in Canada.
- Intending to use the award for academic studies in the academic year following receipt of award.
- Contributing to your community through volunteer service.
- Needing financial assistance.
An applicant must meet all eight requirements to qualify for a Soroptimist grant. An applicant may apply more than once, and may receive a Grant in more than one year, but no more than two consecutive years. Soroptimist members are not eligible although family members may apply. An applicant may apply in either English or French.
Completed applications and all required additional documents must be received no later than January 31, 2017 to be considered. For more details and to apply please see here.
Tags: Scholarships & Awards;