Scholarships and Awards
External Award: United Nations Association in Canada’s International Development & Diplomacy Internship Programme
UNA-Canada is now accepting applications for its prestigious International Development & Diplomacy Internship Programme (IDDIP). These internships provide successful applicants, known as Junior Professional Consultants (JPCs), with invaluable, demanding, deeply meaningful work experience, as well as a proven bridge to employment.
The Programme also provides professional development training and support including: job readiness, professional resume preparation; access to our exclusive mentorship programme before, during and after their deployments.
Now in its 21st year of investing in talented young Canadians, the IDDIP is proud to continue sending Canada’s best and brightest graduates and young professionals to the UN and other international Agencies around the world on six-month internships.
- No application or administrative fee, however the internships are unpaid and successful candidates must cover living costs, flights, etc.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Over 98% of our JPCs find meaningful work within six months of completing their internship – acting as a proven bridge to employment.
- Internships are typically six-months in length with Agencies such as: UNDP, IOM, UNODC, UNICEF,
UN Women, UNHCR.
- The majority of UNA-Canada’s internship opportunities require a completed bachelor degree. A few opportunities require applicants to be currently enrolled at a recognized university, thus 4thyear students, may apply knowing there are limited opportunities available. The majority of our successful candidates are current, or graduated, grad students.
- Successful applicants will be deployed in May, June, and July 2017 depending on the needs of partner Agencies.
Also, follow us on Twitter @UNACIDDIP and @UNACanada for regular updates about the programme, as well as our Instagram @UNAC_IDDIP to see some of the remarkable locations our JPCs work in.
The application deadline is March 6, 2017.
Download the IDDIP Brochure
Tags: Scholarships and Awards