APEX: Crafting your CV
Do you know the difference between a CV and a resume? Do you know when to use one or the other?
This workshop focuses on the academic CV. You can expect to gain a better understanding of the key pieces of the CV, format and content, and the importance of disciplinary conventions. We'll discuss in what contexts you might be asked for a CV and how a CV differs from a resume.
- When: Wednesday, March 8, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
- Where: Burnaby campus, Saywell Hall 10061
- Register: Please register using myInvolvement.
This session is split into two parts:
- The first hour will be dedicated to an overview of best practices, guided by the questions that participants bring with them
- The second half of the session will be a working lab, for those participants who want to begin crafting their CVs, or making changes to their CVs. In small peer-to-peer groups, participants will get the opportunity to work on their documentation.
If you already have a CV, please bring a copy to the workshop for the second half of the session.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions!