Job and Volunteer Postings
Summer 2017 Student Jobs
Students who are looking for on-campus jobs in the summer term should begin looking now, as many of the hirings are done in late March and early April.
This page will be continuously updated and more jobs will be added through May. They'll be marked with *NEW* until other jobs are added above them.
See links below for how to apply.
- *NEW* SFU Vancouver Bookstore Clerk, part-time. Apply by May 10
- Research Assistant, SFU's International Centre of Art for Social Change, part-time. Applications reviewed as they are received.
- Research Assistant, Surrey Learning Commons. Apply by May 5
- Research and Project Support with Gathering Voices charity
- Embark SFU Programs Manager, full-time, one-year position. Apply by May 2
- Events Clerk, Big Data Hub, 2-3 positions. Apply by May 1
- IT Techs, SFU Vancouver, up to 10 positions. Apply by April 21
- Library Assistants, up to 8 positions. Apply by April 26
- Senate Clerk, apply by April 24
- IT Techs, up to 3 positions. Apply by April 21
- Embark Programs Manager, apply by May 2
- IT Technicians, up to 15 positions. Apply by April 18
- AV Technicians, up to 8 positions. Apply by April 12
- The British Columbia Council for International Cooperation (BCCIC) is looking for a Sustainable Development Research Assistant. Apply by April 25.
- Multiple jobs in the SFU Residences. Apply by May 1
- Library Assistants, Burnaby campus, up to 4 positions. Apply by April 10
- Library Clerks, Burnaby campus, up to 20 positions. Apply by April 10
- Events Clerks, Surrey campus, 10-12 positions. Apply by April 10
- Technician 8, Burnaby campus, up to 6 positions. Apply by April 10
- SFU Research Assistants, 2 positions available. Apply by May 1
- SFU Vancouver Meeting, Event and Conference Services Clerk, 2-5 positions available, apply by April 5
- SFU Burnaby Technician, up to 8 positions, apply by April 12
- BC Election workers, pay is $215–$390 for one (14-hour) day of work on May 9
- Research Assistant for SFU Smoking and Tobacco Control Committee, apply by April 14 (deadline extended from March 31)
- SFU Surrey Library Tech, up to 5 positions available. Apply by March 29
- SFU Surrey IT Tech, up to 6 positions available. Apply by April 3
External job postings for students
- Mitacs Accelerate paid internships, $15k per semester. You can also set up your own paid internships with external companies or non-profit organizations.
- Federal Student Work Experience Program, Government of Canada
- Charity Village lists jobs in the not-for-profit sector
- Alliance for Arts jobs page (many of these jobs are through the Canada Summer Jobs program, so they're looking for "students between 15-30 years of age at the start of employment, registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year, intend to return to school on a full-time basis next year, is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred.")
Ongoing job postings and listings
- TA/TM/Sessional job postings (closed for summer term, will reopen June 26 for Fall TA/TM positions. Note that sessional positions are posted as they come open.)
- SFU Temp Pool and Student Temp Pool
- SFU Recreation Services openings
- SFU Athletics paid and volunteer opportunities
If you have a student job and would like to be listed on this page, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See also: How to find a job on campus
Tags: tips & tricks