Job Posting: Research Assistant for ISTLD and Faculty of Health Sciences
SFU's Institute for the Study of Teaching and Learning in the Disciplines (ISTLD) invites applications for a Research Assistant appointment for the Faculty of Health Sciences' Teaching and Learning Development Grant (TLDG) project "Developing and integrating writing skills across a curriculum".
The overall goal of this project is to determine whether a revision to a set of undergraduate courses involving new and additional writing exercises improves the writing skills of our majors. This project was designed to develop some additional resources for writing skill development among lower division courses in the Faculty of Health Sciences. Surveys were designed to evaluate the utility of the writing intervention as viewed by the students, teaching assistants, and instructors in selected Health Sciences courses that participated in this study. The information has been collected and awaits detailed analysis and evaluation.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of data from student, TA, and Faculty surveys and interviews
- Evaluation of data analysis and summarization of results
- Supporting dissemination of project findings within and beyond SFU
- Assisting with data entry and evaluation related to TLDG projects’ progress/tracking
- Attending regular meetings with project supervisor
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program at SFU
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with faculty and students from a wide range of disciplines
- Experience with basic qualitative and quantitative data analyses
- Experience with data presentation
- Ability to undertake literature reviews in disciplines beyond own research area
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office suite
The rate of pay is $20 to $25 an hour (including vacation and statutory holiday pay) based on experience, qualifications, and degree program. Total appointment hours is a minimum of 100.
The application deadline is May 19, 2017 or until position is filled. Those interested should send their application to Mark Lechner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on this position, please see the PDF below.
Tags: Job Postings;