Volunteer Posting: Facilitators for Parent Support Services Society
Parent Support Services Society of BC (PSS) is looking for volunteers to help facilitate their Support Circles. Support Circles are confidential groups where participants can express parenting concerns, share information and resources, and work together to develop healthier parenting techniques. Many parents, grandparents raising grandchildren, and kinship caregivers feel overwhelmed or alone in the challenges of raising a child. As such, PSS’s volunteer facilitators help create a sense of community, as well as a safe and supportive space through PSS Support Circles.
They are asking for volunteers to commit to 3 – 5 hours a week for at least 1 year. This allows facilitators to develop close relationships with their circle participants, in order to gain a deeper understanding of the parenting needs and resources each one of them requires.
- Enjoys working with parents, grandparents, and kinship caregivers
- Strong listening skills
- Interested in child development and parenting issues
- Other languages, in addition to English, are an asset
- In particular, facilitators with an Indigenous, LGBTQ+, or multicultural background
- Extensive facilitator training and continuing education
- Develop skills for career and personal growth
- A letter of reference upon request (minimum 1 year)
Tags: Job Postings;