External Awards: Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship
With the goals of further strengthening the fundamentals of international research into Japan and deepening understanding of Japan, the Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship invites leading international researchers of the Japanese language, Japanese language education, Japanese literature, and Japanese culture to Japan to conduct residential research.
The program accepts 15 fellows every year and will be from 6-12 months in duration with airfare, housing, and all necessary research expenses covered by the foundation.
- Affiliated with a higher education or research institution (including postdoctoral scolars' adjunct in Japanese and part-time lecturers).
- Scholar or researcher with a doctoral degree (including degrees due to be granted on or before December 31, 2017) and an extensive research or education background.
- Sufficient Japanese language proficiency to be able to conduct research in Japanese.
- Non-Japanese national residing outside of Japan or Japanese national who has resided outside Japan for 10 years or more and been active in the academic community of the country of their residence.
- Able to stay continuously in Japan for the duration of the Fellowship period and participate in research reporting sessions arranged by the Foundation.
Applications are due by October 31, 2017. For more information, please see the Program Outline.
Tags: Scholarships & Awards