Scholarships and awards
External Award: Richard Rogers Fellowship Residencies at Harvard Graduate School of Design
The Richard Rogers Fellowship is a unique residency program that focuses on London as a site of opportunity.
The Fellowship is intended for individuals whose research will be enhanced by access to London’s extraordinary institutions, libraries, practices, professionals, and other unique resources. By providing the distinctive facilities of the Wimbledon House and academic support, the Richard Rogers Fellowship’s goal is to encourage in-depth investigation into a wide array of issues that are pertinent to the sustainable and equitable development and transformation of the city.
The Fellowship is available to professionals and scholars working in fields related to the built environment, including architects, designers, landscape architects, planners, engineers, historians, journalists, curators, economists, policymakers, environmentalist, and other related fields. The focus of the residency program is to provide support to practitioners and scholars engaged in research that addresses alternative and sustainable urban futures.
In addition to a three-month residency, winners of the Richard Rogers Fellowship will receive round-trip travel expenses to London and a $10,000 stipend.
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree, though advanced degrees are preferred.
- There is no age restriction but preference will be given to applicants with substantial professional or academic credentials.
- The Fellowship is open to applicants residing anywhere in the world.
- Applicants must demonstrate professional or research experience in a field related to the built environment.
- Winners are expected to secure their own travel and visitor’s documents; UK requirements differ depending on the country of origin and length of stay.
Applications for 2018 residencies (Spring, Summer, Fall) will be accepted starting October 2017, with deadline of late November 2017. Winners will be notified January 2018. For more details and to apply please see their website.
Tags: Scholarships & Awards;