Job Posting: ISTLD RA on Flipped Classroom Design
SFU's Institute for the Study of Teaching and Learning in the Disciplines (ISTLD) invites applications for a Research Assistant appointment for the following research project: An indepth exploration of instructors' experiences with flipped classroom design, implementation, and evaluation with and without Teaching and Learning Development Grant (TLDG) support (funded by an ISTLD grant). Anticipated project duration is August 2017 to March 2018.
The project aims to investigate the experiences of SFU faculty with flipped classrooms, with a detailed look at the rationale and implementation process. In conjunction with this, they would like to explore the effect of the TLDG program on instructors’ experiences with the design, implementation, and/or evaluation of flipped classes. Together, this should help to identify some of the challenges, opportunities, tips and solutions, and resulting recommendations. Identifying successful strategies and providing instructors with adequate information, support, and resources should help to increase the number of successfully flipped classes.
- Undertake literature searches and reviews related to the project
- Data entry and formatting
- Assist with qualitative and quantitative data analysis and graphical representation
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program at SFU. Undergraduate students with the respective skills and sufficient experience may be considered
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with basic qualitative and quantitative data analyses
- Ability to undertake literature reviews in disciplines beyond own research area
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Skilled in the use of SPSS or comparable data analysis and graphing programs
Tags: Job Postings;