Scholarships and awards
External Award: Mensa Canada Scholarship Programme
The Mensa Canada Scholarship Programme offers a number of different scholarships. The awards range from $2000 - $3000, and each has its own eligibility requirements. Applicants are invited to write a short 250-word essay which details their career plan, lists their accomplishments to date, and describes what they plan to do order to achieve their future career goals.
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants enrolled in a full-time program at a Canadian post-secondary institution, accredited by the applicable provincial Ministry of Education, during the 2017 - 2018 academic year.
- A full-time program is defined by consecutive Fall and Winter semesters.
- Awards are based on applicant's essay.
- Essays may be written either in English or in French. Only one essay will be accepted per applicant.
- Only the finalists will be contacted, by phone or other means according to the information supplied in their application. They will be required to provide official proof of enrollment and sign a written consent form indicating that the essay is entirely his or her own work and to allow Mensa and/or its designated agents to use their name and photograph for the purpose of publicizing the Mensa Canada Scholarship Programme. They may also be asked to provide proof of Canadian citizenship or landed immigrant status and two letters of reference.
- The Mensa Canada Scholarship Program includes one or more scholarships of $1000, and may also include Honourable Mentions, all of which are awarded in accordance with the dictates of the Board of Directors of the MCSP, as funding permits.
- Any claims made in the essay are subject to verification, including but not limited to: patents, publications, academic standings, and medical procedures.
Tags: Scholarships & Awards;