Job and Volunteer Postings
Job Posting: EPSRC-UKRI Innovation Postdoctoral Fellowships
The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and United Kingdom Research and Innovation (UKRI) are offering postdoctoral Innovation Fellowships. Funding is intented for International researchers pursuing fellowships based at eligible UK Higher Education Institution or eligible UK Independent Research Organisation.
Up to £38.9 million is available for this call. EPSRC expects to fund 65-85 Fellows. Duration of funding is up to 3-years, and the fellowships begin in June 2018.
The funding is to support fellows whose research can help to achieve the aims of the Industrial Strategy and will lead to either short or long-term economic benefit for the UK. An intention of this programme is to attract global talent to the UK, so proposals from non-UK nationals are encouraged.
Fellowships are awarded in the following fields:
- Robotics and artificial intelligence systems.
- High Productivity Services through Specialised Artificial Intelligence.
- Development and manufacture of batteries for the electrification of vehicles.
- Digital manufacturing.
- Quantum technologies.
- Cheap and clean energy technologies.
- Integrated and sustainable cities – including low-energy buildings.
- New approaches to data science.
- Applicants are expected to hold a PhD by the start date of the fellowship or have equivalent experience.
- If applicants are employed part-time then they can apply for the Fellowship to be held part-time and extend pro-rata at the time of application.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
To apply, submit proposal via the online application portal by November 9, 2017. For full award details and application instructions, please see the full call document below: