Scholarships and awards
External Award: BioSys PhD Scholarships in Portugal
The PhD Program in Biological Systems - Functional & Integrative Genomics (BioSys) and the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology IP (FCT, IP) are offering 11 PhD scholarships in Portugal. Grants are available for up to 4 years, minimum 6 consecutive months.
The following individuals may apply for this program:
- Portuguese citizens, or citizens of other European Union member states
- Citizens of other countries who hold permanent residence permits in Portugal or who hold the status of long-term resident
- Citizens of other European Union member states or other countries, whose applications are made in the framework of agreements or international partnerships in which the Portuguese state is a part or has committed itself to abide
- Citizens of other European Union member states or other countries, through a preliminary personal interview
- For grants in which the work program is to be totally or partially carried out in foreign institutions, only Portuguese citizens or individuals who hold the permanent resident status in Portugal are eligible to apply.
To apply, please submit BioSys application form (attached below), motivation letter, two references letters, CV, photocopy of MSc degree diploma (or equivalent) and transcripts of academic records, and a photocopy of one valid ID document with photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 24, 2017.
For more information, please visit the BioSys PhD website or see the attached Call for Proposals below: