Events and Conferences
UBC Gairdner Symposium
Simon Fraser University is a sponsor for the 2017 Gairdner Symposium on Monday, October 23, 2017 in British Columbia.
- Date: Monday, October 23, 2017
- Time: 3:30pm - 6:00pm.
- Location: Life Sciences Centre, Lecture Theatre 2 (LSC 2), UBC, 2350 Health Sciences Mall, hosted by Drs. Helen Burt and Michael Hayden, UBC.
If you cannot attend at UBC, the event will be live webcast at SFU Burnaby Campus in SFU's Big Data Hub, Presentation Studio (ASB - Room 10900).
Dr. Huda Zoghbi
- Recipient of the 2017 Canada Gairdner International Award “For the discovery of the genetic basis of Rett syndrome and its implications for autism spectrum disorders”
- Professor, Baylor College of Medicine
- Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Director, Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, TX, USA
Dr. Rodolphe Barrangou
- Recipient of the 2016 Canada Gairdner International Award “For establishing and characterizing CRISPR-Cas bacterial immune defense system”
- Associate Professor, Department of Food, Bioprocessing and Nutrition Sciences
- Todd R. Klaenhammer Distinguished Scholar in Probiotics Research North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA
For questions or more information please contact Seetha Kumaran at email@example.com.