Job Posting: Research Data Peer for "R"
The Research Data Peer for ‘R’ is a paid position with the Research Commons, W.A.C. Bennett Library, Simon Fraser University to develop ‘R’ support services of particular interest to SFU graduate students in a variety of disciplines. The Research Data Peer for ‘R’ will develop and assist in providing support for workshops for graduate students, and provide one-on-one ‘R’ consultations in person, by phone and by email. Other duties may include developing documentation, module guides, and relevant web pages to support ‘R’ services.
- Currently enrolled in an SFU Graduate Program
- Experience working with data in a research setting
- Training in ‘R’ and RStudio
- Demonstrated familiarity with ‘R’ and RStudio software
- Demonstrated ability to explain ‘R’
- Demonstrated ability to work with students individually and in groups
- Experience with one or more of Python, SPSS, SAS, JMP, Stata preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
This position pays $24.01 per hour (includes 4% in lieu of vacation) and hours will vary with workshop offerings and consultation requests.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae, and the names of 2 academic references via email as one consolidated PDF document to Carla Graebner (firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 27, 2017.
For more information about the position expectations and requirements, please see the attached job posting below: