Scholarships and awards
Job Posting: Part-time ISTLD Research Assistant
The Simon Fraser University (SFU) Institute for the Study of Teaching and Learning in the Disciplines (ISTLD) invites applications for a Research Assistant appointment, to begin January 8, 2018 (or earlier) to June 29, 2018. Time commitment is 5 - 10 hours/week, $20.00 - $25.00/hour (includes 4% vacation and statutory holiday pay), depending on experience and qualifications.
Research assistant responsibilities include:
- Participating in ISTLD activities, including the facilitation and administration of ISTLD-sponsored events;
- Working on ISTLD-based research and evaluation activities (e.g. analyze and summarize evaluation information related to ISTLD mandate, such as survey and interview data);
- Providing research support to faculty engaged in investigating teaching and learning, including literature searches and pointers to other relevant TLDG projects;
- Supporting dissemination of project findings within and beyond SFU;
- Undertaking literature reviews related to ISTLD publications;
- Assisting with data entry and evaluation related to TLDG projects’ progress/tracking;
- Attending bimonthly ISTLD team meetings.
To be eligible, you must be currently enrolled in a graduate program at SFU; preference will be given to PhD students in the first or second year of their program.
Applicants should submit: (1) a 1-page cover letter structured to address the qualifications, skills, and role responsibilities as listed above, and (2) a 1-2 page resumé. These two items should be organized as one PDF attachment and addressed to Sheri Fabian, and emailed to email@example.com Note: References will only be requested from short-listed applicants.
The deadline to apply for this position is December 8, 2017.
For more information about the position and how to apply, please see the full job posting document attached below. To learn more about the ISTLD please visit their website.