External Award: MEXT Scholarships to Ritsumeikan University, Japan
Ritsumeikan University (Japan) has started its recruiting process for overseas scholars seeking to study at the university with the assistance of scholarships financed by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (Monbukagakusho). These scholarships will be made available to students whose applications are approved by the Monbukagakusho, based on recommendations from Ritsumeikan University.
These scholarships are open to international degree-seeking students (Master's and Doctoral) as well as international non-degree/research students.
To apply for a Japanese Government Monbukagakusho (MEXT) scholarship, an applicant must:
- Have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government (applicants who have Japanese nationality are not eligible)
- Newly enter Japan for the purpose of study upon receipt of the scholarship
- Have been born on or after April 2, 1983
- Be in both good physical and mental health
- Be able to arrive in Japan on a date designated by Ritsumeikan University in the middle of September 2018
- Meet or exceed the academic and linguistic ability requirements established by the Monbukagakusho
The application period for this year ends December 4, 2017. Applications must arrive via traceable postal mail by the deadline.
Information about this year’s scholarship application processes, application procedures, and downloadable forms are available on the Ritsumeikan University website. Detailed information about the different categories of scholarship is also available in the two documents attached below: