Job and Volunteer Postings
Job Posting: Graduate Writing Facilitator with Student Learning Commons
The Graduate Writing Facilitator is a paid position for a current SFU graduate student who is committed to helping undergraduate students develop and strengthen their writing. The Facilitator’s main duty is to deliver (and in some cases, help to develop) general and course-integrated writing workshops across disciplines for undergraduate student writers. Teaching or group-tutoring experience is therefore a strong asset. Since some workshops take place late afternoons or evenings, a flexible schedule is also an asset.
The Facilitator may also assist with other forms of student writing support, such as individual in-person consultations and/or providing online writing feedback for SFU’s WriteAway tutoring service (paid training provided).
The Facilitator is based in the Student Learning Commons (SLC) in the Bennett Library, Burnaby, but may also occasionally serve at SFU Surrey and SFU Vancouver campuses. Work on WriteAway may take place at a location convenient to the Facilitator. The Facilitator works under the supervision of the SLC Writing Services Coordinator, in collaboration with the Writing Services Associate, and reports to the SLC Head.
Position start-date is mid-January 2018; applications will be accepted up to December 22 or until the position is filled. $25/hour (including benefits); 7-10 hours/week
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum 3.5 GPA
- Excellent academic writing abilities
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of academic writing processes and editorial conventions
- Ability to work with students in groups and individually
- Familiarity with computers and standard web browsers
- Currently enrolled in an SFU Graduate Program
Tags: Job Postings;