Events and Conferences
Call for Proposals: UBC/SFU Indigenous Graduate Student Symposium
The University of British Columbia & Simon Fraser University invite proposals to present at the 16th Annual Indigenous Graduate Student Symposium. The title of this year's symposium is "Walking In Two Worlds Occupying the Third Space: Indigenous Graduate Student Experience".
Indigenous graduate students or graduate students whose research relates to Indigenous scholarship in any discipline or across disciplines are invited to submit a proposal for a conference paper, panel, roundtable, workshop, or creative expression.
- Date: Saturday, March 3, 2018
- Time: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Location: First Nations House of Learning, 1985 West Mall, Vancouver, BC (UBC Campus)
- RSVP: No Registration Fee
Your work-in-progress or finished projects may be shared in two ways:
- Poster presentation. This format provides an opportunity for you to share your work with symposium participants during lunch.
- Oral presentation. This format supports an opportunity to share your research or project in a 20-minute presentation to a small audience.
To apply to present, please submit a 150-word proposal, as well as the type of presentation, title, presenter(s) name(s), community of affiliation, graduate program/university, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on December 22, 2017. Please indicate if you would be willing to serve as a session moderator/ time-keeper.
For more information, please see the call document attached below, or email questions to email@example.com.
SFU's Office for Aboriginal Peoples (OAP) is also seeking Indigenous graduate students who are interested in participating on the organizing committee for this event. If you are interested in participating, please email Gary (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following Subject: Indigenous Graduate Student Symposium Planning Committee, March 2018.