Job and Volunteer Postings
Job Posting: CDCI Research Manager
The Research Manager is responsible for the management and execution of CDCI’s research and litigation support projects within their portfolio. This role focuses on the continual development and management of budgets and staff for the execution of multiple research projects and is responsible for all final deliverables to the client.
This role works closely with client and other stakeholder representatives and departmental managers to ensure processes are implemented and followed and objectives are met. The Manager is also responsible to ensure integration of national research processes and procedures within their teams.
This position is a critical contact point for clients, and, as such, is responsible for maintaining CDCI’s brand identity and creating opportunities for growth. The role works closely with the CDCI management team and executives to ensure company strategy is executed within their portfolios. The Research Manager is also required to complete research planning for the Business Development team, from identification of potential new clients and RFP to assisting with new project proposals.
- Authoritative expertise in historical and/or litigation research and support
- Knowledge of Indigenous litigation issues in Canada
- Experience in planning, carrying out and managing complex historical or other complex research and writing analytical reports
- Ability to provide leadership and manage staff in a deadline driven service delivery and or litigation environment
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholder objectives and represent the company throughout the life cycle of a case/project
- Ability to implement project/case management structures and systems in a litigation support environment
- Ability to reason and analyze data to recognize and meet business needs
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Litigation Research and Support
- Deliver assigned projects on time and on budget, providing quality assurance of all final project deliverables to the client(s)
- Draft statements of work outlining all research to be conducted on a project and liaise with the client and or departmental authority
- Establish the budget for assigned projects in conjunction with senior management, maximizing the budget allotments but staying within contract amounts
- provide consistent updates regarding adherence to budgets of research projects and devise strategies for contract utilization
- Draft and update research plans to guide the execution of each research project or litigation file support services
- Adhering to litigation project management best practices
- Liaise with client representatives and technical/contracting authorities on existing and potential new projects
- Provision of accurate and timely program performance reporting to the CEO, CFO, Business Services, project sponsors and relevant stakeholders as required
- Production of client bid response proposals
- Other duties:
- Providing strong leadership and management to Research and Litigation Support staff
- Building team effectiveness through ongoing communication and decision making
- Providing team members with tools to ensure ongoing development of technical skills
- Completing yearly and ongoing personnel performance management
Experience and Qualifications
- Graduate degree in relevant field of study
- Minimum of five years providing a full range of research and/or litigation support services
- Minimum of two years in a management role with on-time deliverables, strong problem-solving skills and high attention to detail
- Experience using and managing litigation support - e-discovery software, such as: Ringtail, Summation, Concordance, LAW, etc.
- Asset qualifications
- Experience working with government clients on projects over $200,000
- Understanding of E-Discovery best practices
- Formal project management training (PMP, Prince2, etc.) or equivalent experience.
Salary Range: $65,000-$75,000 (depending on experience)
Tags: Job Postings