Faculty of Applied Sciences
Summer Exchange Program in Israel: Data Mining and Business Intelligence
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (Beersheba, Israel) is offering the "Data Mining and Business Intelligence for Cyber Security" summer exchange program, for graduate and undergraduate students in Applied Sciences and related fields. This year, the program runs from July 3-31, 2018.
The program will be taught in English and includes:
- Basic and Advanced Methods in Data Mining (3 credits)
- Machine Learning-Based Solutions for Cyber Security Problems (3 credits)
- Professional field trips, visiting the industry’s leading innovators, supporting organizations and additional figures of the data mining and Cyber Security ecosystem
- Touristic tours
The total cost of tuition (including accomodations, health insurance and field trips) is $5200 plus a $60 application fee.
Scholarships are available for outstanding students.
- Students must be in their third year of undergraduates studies or at any stage of their graduate studies in Information Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Communication Engineering, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics and Industrial Engineering & Management with Robotics or Information Systems track
- The student must have a GPA of 82 or 3.0 at least
- English proficiency required
- Personal Laptop (windows OS)
- Programming experience - advantage
Applications must be submitted through the online application form by February 25, 2018. Up-to-date transcripts, a course specific recommendation letter from the head of the department, a motivation letter in which you explain why you want to attend this program (maximum one page long), your CV, a passport-format photograph (JPG) and a scanned copy of your passport will also be required.
For further information, please visit the program's webpage.