Scholarships and Awards
Mitacs Globalink Research Awards for International Collaboration
Need $6,000 to help fund your research in another country?
The Mitacs Globalink Research Award supports travel funding for senior undergraduate and graduate students in any field. This $6,000 award aids travel and research collaborations of 12-24 weeks. Funding is available for collaboration with universities in Australia, Brazil, China, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, the United Kingdom, the United States and European Union member countries.
The SFU community is encouraged to apply early in 2018 to maximize the likelihood of successfully receiving an award, as funding is limited, and applications are processed as they are received. Applications are accepted throughout the year, beginning January 17, 2018.
- Applications for Summer 2018 travel should be submitted in January 2018
- Applications for Fall 2018 travel should be submitted in May 2018
- Applications for Winter 2019 travel should be submitted in September 2018
In order to be eligible for this award, students must identify both a home (SFU) supervising professor and a host (international) supervising professor. More information about eligibility is available on the Mitacs Globalink webpage under "Eligibility".
Please contact SFU’s Mitacs representative Allison Brennan at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.
SFU Signature Sheet Process
Applications require a signature from the SFU Office of Research Services (ORS) via the SFU Signature Sheet prior to submission to Mitacs:
- List the SFU Faculty Supervisor as the Principal Investigator. The student should subsequently be listed in parentheses, i.e., "Supervisor Name (Student Name)"
- SFU Signature Sheets are signed by the SFU Faculty Supervisor, then their Chair/Director, and then their Faculty Dean. Once these signatures are obtained, the SFU Signature Sheet will be sent to SFU ORS for final approval.
- Once final approval has been granted, SFU ORS will return the signed application documents to the SFU Faculty Supervisor.
Please note: the “Student Code of Conduct and Ethics” and “International pre-departure form” are NOT required by Mitacs at the time of application.
Tags: Scholarships and Awards;