Faculty of Science; Faculty of Health Sciences
MSFHR: Implementation Science Team (IST) Competition
Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research (MSFHR) has opened applications for the first Implementation Science Team (IST) competition, designed to support teams of researchers, research users and health system decision-makers studying what interventions work within the health system and why, and how these interventions could be implemented, scaled up, or adapted to new settings.
Grounded in real-life challenges related to BC’s current health system priorities, projects will be funded in two phases. Initially, a six month Development Grant and implementation science training will support teams as they develop full applications. Subsequently, successful teams will receive a Project Grant to support their implementation research projects for up to three years.
More information, eligibility requirements, and details on how to apply can be found on their website. The Development Grant letter of intent is due April 16, 2018.
For those interested in applying they will be running two webinars ‘Introduction to Implementation Science’ on February 22 at 11 a.m. PT (register here), and a general application support webinar on February 27, 2018, 10:00 a.m. PT (register here).
Key dates for this competition:
- Introduction to implementation science webinar: February 22, 2018, 11:00 am PT
- Application support webinar: February 27, 2018, 10:00 a.m. PT
- Development Grant letter of intent deadline: April 16, 2018, 4:30 p.m. PT
- Anticipated start of Development Grant funding: July 1, 2018
- Project Grant full application deadline: mid-January, 2019
- Anticipated start of Project Grant funding: May 1, 2019