Tips and Tricks
Tax Information for Graduate Students
February 19, 2018
New to Canada?
Because you asked, we've also provided a brief overview of the Canadian tax system - see Income Taxes for International Graduate Students.
If you have questions or need assistance filing your tax return:
- The SFU Accounting Students Association runs a free tax-filing service, run by CRA-trained volunteers each March/April. It is very popular, and fills up quickly. Check their website for details and registration deadlines.
- There are also Volunteer Tax Preparation Clinics and numerous accounting firms operating around the the city.
Canada Revenue Agency: Useful Links
- CRA Video Gallery (for individuals/families)
- Newcomer to Canada publication T4055
- Students & Income Tax publication P105(E)
- Scholarships, Research Grants and Other Education Assistance Tax Income Tax Folio: S1-F2-C3
Tags: tips & tricks;