Events and Conferences
3MT 2018 Finals Winners
March 20, 2018
Congratulations to all our SFU Finalists who competed in this year's Three Minute Thesis Competition.
First Place and People's Choice Winner:
- Danielle Hoefele, Biological Sciences master’s student: European fire ant foraging and communication
Second Place Winner:
- Brea McCauley, Archaeology master's student: Ritualized Finger Amputation in the Classic Maya
Danielle will compete at the Western Regional Competition at the University of Regina on April 27, 2018. Good luck, Danielle!
All of the presentations were informative and interesting. Thank you to all who competed this year, including:
- Alison Butler, Public Policy master's student: Room to grow: Building better rental stock for Vancouver families
- Allison Carter, Health Sciences doctoral student: Desires embraced: A critical analysis of sex, love, and relationships among women living with HIV
- Shaun Fickling, Engineering Science doctoral student: Brain vital signs after concussions
- Ankit Gupta, Interactive Arts and Technology doctoral student: How can wearable technology support self-management of Arthritis?
- Michelle La, Sociology & Antrhopology master's student: Sneakerheads and their practices of trading
- Gioachino Roberti, Earth Sciences doctoral student: Volcanoes in a changing climate
- April Wang, Computing Sciences master’s student: How modern learning resources fail conversational programmers
- Matthea Wiebe, Archaeology master's student: Exploring Neanderthal Fire-Starting technologies through microarchaeology