Faculty of Health Sciences
External Award: Canadian Cancer Society Impact Grants
The Canadian Cancer Society is offering Impact Grants for cancer-related health research.
The Impact Grant program is intended to contribute to the scientific idea ‘pipeline’ by supporting significant progression in cancer research programs that are anywhere in the continuum from basic high impact discovery to translational work of direct relevance to the clinic and beyond. Budgets awarded may be up to $250,000 per year and a maximum of $1,250,000 per grant. The grant term is up to 5 years.
"The goal of the CCS Research Impact Grant program is to provide a mechanism for scientists to adopt innovations and accelerate the application of new knowledge to address problems in cancer research that have the potential for practical application."
Please note the following:
- In addition to biomedical research, applications from prevention, health services, social and population health researchers are encouraged.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to form multidisciplinary teams including early career investigators, to provide mentorship and development opportunities for Canada’s future cancer researchers.
- Given the merger of the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation (CBCF) with CCS in February 2017, a special call for breast cancer research is being included in the 2018 Impact Grant funding opportunity.
It is anticipated that approximately 7 grants will be awarded in this competition, with approximately 3 of these being breast cancer grants.
- Letter of Intent (LOI) due date: April 10, 2018
- LOI Results: July 2018
- Full application deadline: September 13, 2018
All applications must be submitted through the online application system (EGrAMS) by 5p.m. EST on the deadline date. Submissions will not be accepted beyond these times.