Job and Volunteer Postings
Job Posting: Waste Reduction - Plant Nursery Development
Sea to Sky Soils is hiring for a full time, four-month position in Waste Reduction: Plant Nursery Development.
"An opportunity is available at an organics recycling facility on the forefront of sustainability in the Sea to Sky region. Become a part of the team at this locally owned and operated site, offering competitive pay and a great working environment. This position will be focused on a new line of the operation, a BC native plant nursery. The position will report directly to the General Manager and will be working both independently and as part of a team."
The budgeted rate of pay for this position is up to $4,000/month based on a 40-hour work week.
- Attending toolbox talks and regular team meetings
- Research into logistics and requirements, including growing media, for nurseries
- Development of test growing media
- Plant growth trials with growing media
- Analysis of results along with recommendations for growing media and plant species
- Other tasks as they arise and as required
- Post secondary diploma/degree in related field
- Ability to research what has been done previously and build on that
- Willingness to work out in the elements
- Ability to problem solve and think critically
- Positive attitude and self-motivated
- Willingness to work alone and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent resident
- Experience using different growing media to grow plants
- Proven track record of reliable attendance and good work ethic
- Desire to work in the Pemberton area for the summer
- Track record of safety on the job and/or First Aid training
The closing date for this position is 5pm on March 23rd, 2018.
All applications will be reviewed, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. To apply, submit resume or C.V. to email@example.com.
Please see the full job description attached below: