Scholarships and awards
External Award: Irving K. Barber Premier's International Scholarships
Irving K. Barber BC Scholarship Society is offering Premier’s International Scholarships.
These awards consist of $6,000 – $10,000 for credential granting study abroad and are awarded to students demonstrating exceptional academic achievement and community service.
To be eligible to apply for this Scholarship, you:
- are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident (landed immigrant), convention refugee, or protected person living in Canada
- are a resident of British Columbia, defined as having a primary residence in the province for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the date of full-time enrollment in the program for which the scholarship is applied for
- have achieved a minimum B+ academic standing
- have clearly demonstrated significant community and/or school involvement and academic achievement, supported by two references submitted with the application
- are enrolled full-time in an academic program of at least one year at a BC public post-secondary institution leading to a credential and have been accepted into an eligible international program outside of Canada or United States
- will be studying abroad for a period of no less than three months (not including travel time)
- are not planning an international experience in a country from which you have immigrated from within the past 10 years
- have not previously received a Premier’s International Scholarship
- plan to begin your international experience within 12 months of receiving the scholarship
- will return to British Columbia after completing your international experience for further education or work