Scholarships and Awards
External Award: Canada's Volunteer Awards Program
Submit a nomination now for Canada's Volunteer Awards!
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) is accepting nominations for Canada's Volunteer Awards! This is a great opportunity to recognize the important work of volunteers and to acknowledge that our country would not be the same without them.
The call for nominations is open until June 15, 2018.
You are invited to:
- Nominate an individual, a group, a not-for-profit organization or a socially responsible business to receive an award
- Promote the call for nominations to your stakeholders.
- One (1) national award - Thérèse Casgrain Lifelong Achievement Award, for individuals who have volunteered for at least 20 years
- Five (5) regional awards - Emerging Leader, for young volunteers between the ages of 18 and 30
- Five (5) regional awards - Community Leader, for individuals or groups of volunteers
- Five (5) regional awards - Business Leader, to recognize businesses that demonstrate social responsibility
- Five (5) regional awards - Social Innovator, to recognize the contributions of not-for-profit organizations
Award recipients will be recognized at a ceremony and will be able to choose a not-for-profit organization to receive a grant of $5,000 (regional awards) or $10,000 (national award).
Help highlight Canada's volunteer culture! Nominate a volunteer, not-for-profit organization or business in your community today!
For more information about the Awards, visit canada.ca/volunteer-awards or call 1-877-825-0434.