Scholarships and Awards
External Award: 2018 John W. Davies Memorial Award
The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers, Arctic Section is pleased to offer one scholarship award of $3000 in memory of John W. Davies, a former Chair of the Section.
The competition is open to any full-time graduate student at a recognized University in Canada or the US State of Alaska whose research will assist in providing solutions to problems encountered in the Arctic or in cold ocean environments.
Specifically the research may be in the areas of:
- Marine transportation
- Exploitation of offshore resources
- Eco-systems that impact or may impact the exploitation of Arctic/cold ocean resources
- Special areas of research for Arctic/cold ocean environments
- Abstract of approximately 500 words explaining objectives of research being undertaken
- Transcript of marks
- Three letters of reference
Application deadline is July 6, 2018 midnight (MST).
For full award details, including application requirements, view the document below or visit the 2018 John W. Davies Memorial Award website.
2018 John W. Davies Memorial Award Application Information
Tags: Scholarships and Awards;