Job and Volunteer Postings
Job Posting: Future Science Leaders Fellow
Future Science Leaders (FSL) is a program at Science World that will design and implement innovative education programming for the Discover (year 1) FSL program. Fellows are experts in their assigned discipline/curriculum theme and/or have demonstrated substantial commitment to science education. Fellows will collaborate other Fellows to research, plan, and deliver their curriculum theme.
- Design a multi-week theme that includes expert speakers, a fieldtrip, and skill development and connections between sessions
- Write lesson plans for each session, completed and reviewed with team members at least 3 weeks before delivery. A guideline for sessions and activities will be provided
- Work within assigned budget for required supplies
- Implement the planned sessions
- Complete reporting and evaluation on the individual sessions and the overall theme
- Complete lesson plans and trial activities before the term starts (Aug for Sept through Dec sessions and Dec for Jan through May sessions)
Recognition in appreciation of your contribution and commitment:
- Fellows will be invited to special events and social receptions at Science World between September 2018 and May 2019
- Two free passes to Science World upon request
- Reference letters when requested
- Honorarium upon completion of full multi-week theme: $125/week of successfully delivered program session
For more information, view the posting below, or to register interest, please contact email@example.com.