Job and Volunteer Postings
Fall 2018 Student Jobs
Students who are looking for on-campus jobs in the summer term should begin looking soon, as much of the hiring is done in the spring months.
This page will be continuously updated and more jobs will be added through September. They'll be marked with *NEW* until other jobs are added above them.
See links below for how to apply.
- Lifeguard, SFU (30 openings), Nov 16
- Technician, SFU (9 positions), July 27
- Library Assistant, SFU Library (4 positions), July 25
- Ambassador Team Member, Key: SFU's Big Data Initative, June 29
- SFU Research Commons Qualitative Data Analysis Facilitator, initial term with possibility of extension, open until filled
- ICASC (International Centre of Art for Social Change) Online Engagement RA, open until filled
- SFU Recreation is hiring, apply on MyInvolvement
External job postings for students
- Mitacs Accelerate paid internships, $15k per semester. You can also set up your own paid internships with external companies or non-profit organizations. If you have any questions, please email Dr. Allison Brennan, firstname.lastname@example.org. Allison is also available to meet you and your supervisor at any of SFU's campuses.
- Federal Student Work Experience Program, Government of Canada
- The Alliance for Arts and Culture job board currently has a lot of postings for summer student jobs
- Charity Village lists jobs in the not-for-profit sector
- SFU Temp Pool and Student Temp Pool
- SFU Recreation Services openings
- SFU Athletics paid and volunteer opportunities
See also: How to find a job on campus