Job and Volunteer Postings
Become a Zero Waste Voluneer
The SFU Sustainability Office is looking for volunteers to help make the 2018 President’s Employee Appreciation BBQ at the Burnaby campus a zero waste success. Volunteers will inform students, staff, and faculty of the different waste streams and disposal procedures by engaging with users on site; and answer questions about the about the Zero Waste Initiative at SFU.
Volunteers must be available to volunteer from 9am to 1pm on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 including:
- 9am-10am: Training session
- 10am-11am: Lunch (provided) and meet and greet with the other Zero Waste Volunteers
- 11am-1pm: Volunteering at the BBQ
What's in it for you?
- Gain sustainability education and community engagement experience
- Improve interpersonal and verbal communication skills, independent and teamwork skills.
- Get involved with sustainability at SFU
- Build your community of friendly faces on campus;
- Help promote SFU’s flagship Zero Waste Initiative to the community;
- Meet new people and have fun!
- Lunch will be provided and, upon completion, you will receive a certificate verifying your participation as a Zero Waste Volunteer (including number of hours completed)
- Student Ambassador Program verified hours (SFU students only)