Job and Volunteer Postings
Job Posting: Brenda Strafford Foundation Researcher in Residence
The Brenda Strafford Foundation (BSF) is offering an internship opportunity for collaborative research with a non-academic partner. Funding of $60,000/year for 2 years. Desired start date of as soon as possible.
In order to promote knowledge creation and mobilization, BSF proposes embedding a researcher in residence model within their facilities. The researcher in residence model will emphasize a co-creation of knowledge between researchers, staff, residents and families within facilities. Open until filled.
The Researcher-in-Residence Model aims to:
- Promote collaboration and active participation from all stakeholders;
- Co-create new knowledge and learning to improve care BSF delivers to their residents;
- Encourage knowledge translation process through collaboratively identifying areas for improvement and/or working with front line clinicians on current quality improvement initiatives being undertaken within BSF;
- Integrate a researcher with expert knowledge within care teams;
- Build research capacity and supports in the Organization
- Provide a portal where practitioners and academics can share knowledge with one another.
BSF would like to have the researcher in residence conduct research related to one of their main priority research areas in the area of seniors care, but are open to exploring other areas.
- Enhance Dementia Care
- Optimize Technology, Design and Service Systems
- Transitions in Care for Older Adults
- Social Engagement
- Falls Research
- Resident (Person) and Family Centered Care
- Experience in seniors health, although not mandatory
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods and evaluation research
- Experience in leading and participating in collaborative research partnerships and knowledge transfer activities
- A record of successful grant applications and publications
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in the design and implementation of knowledge transfer and transition activities
- Expertise in a broad range of research methods, as well as excellent writing skills, including research proposals, long and brief reports, peer reviewed articles
Interested students need to get the approval from their supervisor and send their CV along with a link to their supervisor’s university webpage by applying through the webform or directly to Oba Harding (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information, view the job posting or the document below.