Scholarships and Awards
External Award: Ignite Funding Program
Ignite provides funding to accelerate the commercialization of new technologies and innovations in the natural resources and applied sciences sectors in British Columbia.
The program provides awards of up to $300,000 to consortia that are conducting research projects that address a significant demonstrated problem faced by industry and will commercialize a proposed innovation within a 3-year timeframe.
- Focus: Proposals must involve the areas of natural resources, applied science and/or engineering, and must provide a clearly articulated solution to an existing problem.
- Teams: Applicants must be a BC-based consortium comprised of two or more companies, organizations and academic researchers. All consortia must include an academic member and an industry partner.
- Matching funds: Projects must secure matching funds from industry or government sources at a ratio of 2:1 matching dollars to Ignite dollars.
- Timing: Projects must plan to move a proposed innovation to market within a 3-year timeframe
How to Apply:
- Read the 2018 Program Guidelines
- Request the Letter of Intent
- Contact our Program Manager, Kailyn Skuban at email@example.com to discuss your project
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the posted deadline
Ignite Round 6
- Deadline to Submit Letter of Intent (LOI) to Innovate BC: July 23, 2018
- Innovate BC to notify applicants and invite full proposal by: September 10, 2018
- Deadline for invited applicants to submit full proposal: October 15, 2018
- Anticipated Notice of Decision: January 2019
- Funding Start Date: January 2019
Tags: Scholarships and Awards