Events and Conferences
SFU's Student Experience Initiative: Call for Participation
The Student Experience Initiative (SEI) aims to enhance the experience of students by developing high-impact opportunities for engagement with the SFU community. Our mission is to create lasting platforms that help build relationships and connections across the SFU community for students, faculty and staff. In doing so, we hope to shift the SFU culture to become increasingly more student-focused and holistically supportive. Ultimately, we envision an accessible, healthy learning environment where students feel a sense of belonging.
Through our review of the research literature, SFU student survey data, and community consultations, we've identified eight broad key areas for action and formed working groups to gather ideas for student experience enhancement. We've also dedicated funds and resources to ensure that together we make a real difference.
- Destination SFU (making the physical spaces more vibrant and exciting)
- Healthier Campus Community (mental health and welbeing support and advancement)
- Navigating SFU (online and print tools for access and interaction with SFU systems, and support of student-centred policies and practices)
- Supervision for the 21st Century (improving the supervisory experience for grad students and postdoctoral fellows)
- Improving Communication with Students (developing a university-wide strategy)
- Building Community and Sense of Belonging (ensuring SFU is a welcoming, safe, equitable and inclusive community; supporting transitions)
- Home Away From Home (creating spaces and opportunities for commuter students)
- Ideas Too Good To Ignore (ideas that do not fit into any of the items above)
How to Participate: Visit https://www.sfu.ca/vpacademic/SEI.html to learn more and learn about the various ways you can participate.