Scholarships and Awards
GSS Open Access Award 2018
The Graduate Student Society Open Access Award acknowledges graduate students who have been conducting open scholarship by publishing their work in Open Access journals. The aim is to increase the visibility of students and young researchers/scholars who are willing to put their work out in the open. GSS wants to put the authors in the spotlight and say thank you for their contributions as SFU graduate students.
GSS OAA is jointly funded and administered by the Graduate Student Society and SFU Library. Furthermore, the Office of the Vice-President, Research, the Office of the Dean of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, and the Publishing program have generously contributed to increase the number of awarded students. Thus, GSS is happy to announce that the OAA will consist of up to 35 awards at $100 each.
GSS wants to thank each of the participating partners for supporting this opportunity to award students and highlighting open scholarship at SFU.
Application deadline: November 30th, 2018.
Application form: Click here.
- Must be a current SFU graduate student or recent graduate (within 1 year of convocation)
- Must be author or co-author on a published paper (or accepted for publication) in a fully Open Access Journal*. Eligible journals must be listed in or qualify for the Directory of Open Access Journals
- Published paper must be submitted to the SFU Summit Research Repository prior to the application deadline to be eligible for an award (instructions can be found here)
- Multiple submissions are allowed, but only one award per author is issued (multiple OA publications will increase the chance to win, but awards are limited to one per person)
- Submitted papers must not have been previously awarded by the GSS OAA
Award winners will be announced mid-December.
If you have any questions about the award, please contact the the Director of Graduate Services at: email@example.com
For more information about open access publishing, assistance in finding suitable open access publishing venues for your work, and accessing the SFU Library Open Access Fund, please see the Scholarly Publishing and Open Access webpages.
Tags: Scholarships & Awards;