Scholarships and awards
External Award: Canadian Science Policy Fellowship
The Canadian Science Policy Fellowship is now accepting applications from prospective fellows interested in undertaking a 12-month policy position within a Canadian government host office.
Eligible applicants must be:
- Faculty members at Canadian universities or PhD graduates
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents (Citizenship requirements may differ for individual host offices; this will be accommodated in the fellow and host matching process)
- Able to negotiate a leave of absence from their university or employer, as applicable
The 2019 cohort of fellowships will begin in September 2019. Approved fellows receive remuneration from their host offices and professional development training and networking events facilitated by Mitacs.
- November–March: hosts submit their position descriptions
- November–February: call for fellow applications to the program
- February–April: Mitacs facilitates adjudication of applications and creates semi-finalist applicant list for hosts to review
- May: Host offices review applications and share host position descriptions with potential fellows for interviews
- June: Mitacs confirms fellowship matches and fellows prepare to relocate, if applicable
- September: fellowships begin, Mitacs hosts orientation session, and training program begins
Applications will be accepted until February 3, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. PT.
Tags: Scholarships & Awards;