Events and Conferences
Call for Paper: ESAC Annual Conference
The Environmental Studies Association of Canada is pleased to invite you to submit a proposal to participate in the Annual Conference as part of the 2019 Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
As Canada’s leading association of interdisciplinary researchers and practitioners involved in a diversity fields relating to the environment, ESAC is committed to sustainability in academia (especially concerning the environmental impacts of air travel) and is thus engaged in an experimental conference format this year. In 2019, participants can take part in one of three ways:
- Participants can apply to attend the main conference at UBC (June 3–5).
- Participants can apply to attend the satellite conference at Grenfell (June 3–4).
- Participants can apply to present a paper digitally, live from a remote location anywhere in Canada (or anywhere in the world). Digital participants must be available to present via live video-feed and will be incorporated in the main conference program.
They are offering these three modes of conference participation as a means of helping members participate in ESAC while minimizing the environmental impacts associated with their attendance.
This year’s conference will be packed with exciting events and opportunities, including…
- Keynote Events at UBC (and webcast to Grenfell and online);
- The Annual ESAC Wine and Cheese Receptions (held at both UBC and Grenfell);
- Sessions and workshops geared to graduate students;
- The announcement of the 2019 ECO-Award winner;
- Research sharing and networking opportunities galore;
- Annual ESAC Field Trips (in Vancouver and Corner Brook), and more!
The deadline for submission is Feb 1, 2019. ***This is an extension from the original deadline of January 18th***
For more information, visit the ESAC website.
Tags: Events and Conferences