Events and Conferences
Call All Researchers: Apply to Present at Innovations in Research
SFU Public Space is now accepting presenter submissions for this dynamic and interactive symposium taking place Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at SFU’s Vancouver campus.
Research doesn’t just live in libraries, academic papers, and presentations; it has profound impact on our lives. Innovations in Research is a dynamic evening that showcases SFU researchers and entrepreneurs who are leading the way in designing solutions to confront the disinformation age.
- Is your research enabling access to trustworthy and evidence-based information?
- Does it examine the spread of information through news, social media, and the Internet?
- Does your work explore the origins of disinformation and its deployment throughout history?
- Does it touch on disinformation and its effects on democracy, science denial, racism, and other critical issues in society?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, we want to hear from you!
Criteria for Selection
We are encouraging as many students, alumni, staff, faculty and SFU-linked community members as possible to submit displays and stories for this event. The considerations for selection include the following:
- Theme - Does the research address an issue related to the Community Summit theme “Confronting the Disinformation Age?”
- Inclusion - Are a variety of faculties, programs, centres and partnerships represented?
Relevance to the community - How does your research/project serve the broader community? What impact has it had or may have? (Community members who have participated or been impacted by research are welcome to present or co-present with SFU researcher)
Quantity - We have limited space for exhibits and presenters, but we will do our best to accommodate as many as we can.
Deadline for applications is March 4th, 11:59pm.
For more information, visit the SFU Public Space website.
Tags: Events and Conferences;