Scholarships and Awards
External Award: Elizabeth Henry Scholarship for Communities and Environmental Health
Applications are currently open for the Elizabeth Henry Scholarship for Communities and Environmental Health through the Fraser Basin Council.
The Elizabeth Henry Scholarship for Communities and Environmental Health supports graduate students working on research projects in partnership with British Columbian communities that are addressing environmental health issues and promoting environmental sustainability through cooperative community initiatives. The goal of these projects should be to support indigenous and non-indigenous communities in their efforts to improve air quality, environmental health or environmental sustainability in BC.
Applications for the 2019 scholarship are being accepted now through May 10, 2019
- The applicant must be a full-time graduate student for at least one semester before being awarded the scholarship.
- The student’s area of study and proposed research project must be aimed at advancing air quality, environmental health or environmental sustainability through active leadership and participation in a community initiative based in British Columbia.
- The proposed research project must demonstrate strong relevance for and buy-in from the community. Preference will be given to projects in which the researcher will be working in close collaboration with a number of community members in carrying out the project.
It is an asset if the project involves partnerships between indigenous and non-indigenous communities, but it is not mandatory.
The Elizabeth Henry Scholarship Committee will evaluate each application based on the following:
- applicant’s satisfaction of eligibility requirements
- applicant’s academic performance
- significance and feasibility of the proposed research project, and
- alignment of the project with the scholarship values.
The decision of the committee will be final. The Elizabeth Henry Scholarship Committee thanks all applicants for their interest in the scholarship.
For more information, visit the Elizabeth Henry Scholarship Fund website.