Events and Conferences
HIV/AIDS Webinar Learning Series: Are We There Yet? An Update on HIV Cure Research
The Clinical Education and Training Department at the BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS organize a series of quarterly webinars targeted to primary care providers in the province.
- Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2019
- Time: 8:00 - 9:00 AM
- Speakers: Zabrina Brumme, PhD, and Terry Howard
- Credit: 1.0 Mainpro+ credit (College of Family Physicians of Canada, B.C. Chapter)
- Note: Register online here.
The primary goals of this session are to increase each attendee’s competence to:
- Understand the basic biology of HIV, antiretrovrial therapy, and cure strategies
- Describe the current strategies and state of cure development
- Identify the hopes and concerns related to HIV cure development: a community perspective
Zabrina Brumme, PhD Laboratory Director, BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS Associate Professor, Facutly of Health Sciences, Simon Fraser University
Terry Howard, Principal Consultant for GlassHouse Consultants Secretary to the Board of Directors, Canadian Association for HIV Research HOST: Silvia Guillemi, MD Director, Clinical Education and Training Program, BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS Clinical Professor, Department of Family Practice, University of British Columbia
Silvia Guillemi, MD Director, Clinical Education and Training Program, BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS Clinical Professor, Department of Family Practice, University of British Columbia
The recorded session will be accessible on the BC-CfE's website.
The HIV/AIDS Webinar Learning Series is a partnership between the BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS (BC-CfE) and Positive Living BC. The goal of the Series is to empower people living with HIV and to improve their quality of life by providing them and health care providers with up-to-date treatment information related to HIV/AIDS. Sessions bring together experts to share their knowledge and provide a forum for interaction, dialogue and mutual learning.
For more information, see the event poster below:
Tags: Events and Conferences;