Job and Volunteering Postings
Job Posting: Research Programming Peer for R
The SFU Library Research Commons at W.A.C. Bennett Library, SFU Burnaby, is looking for a Graduate Research Programming Peer for R to support the growing research programming community at SFU through workshops and consultations
- Salary: $25.00 per hour (plus 4% in lieu of vacation)
- Time commitment: Flexible, hours will vary with workshop offerings and consultation requests
- Term: Spring (January-April) 2019
- Deadline: This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
You will help develop R support services that are of particular interest to SFU researchers in a variety of disciplines. You will develop and deliver workshops for graduate students, and provide one-on-one R consultations in person, by phone and by email. Other duties could include developing documentation, module guides, and relevant web pages to support R services. You will work closely with the Library’s Data Services team.
- Currently enrolled in an SFU Graduate Program
- Training in and demonstrated familiarity with R and RStudio
- Demonstrated ability to explain R
- Experience working with data in a research setting
- Demonstrated ability to work with students individually and in groups
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Please send CV, cover letter and names of two references in one consolidated PDF document to Keshav Mukunda email@example.com
For more information, see the job posting below: