Events and Conferences
Access BC: Career Services and Employment event for International Grad Students
Along with SFU Career Services and SFU Co-op, Urban Studies and IGUA (International Geo-Urban Association) is hosting an SFU Career Services Fair and forum with local employers designed especially for international students in the social sciences hoping to build their careers in the Vancouver Region.
- Time: 1-5 PM
- Date: March 8
- Location: Segal Graduate School of Business
- Cost: Free, Register now
International social sciences graduate students! Not sure about where you’re going with your degree? Connect with services, resources, and employers at Access BC. Hear what local employment experts have to say about graduate student opportunities and professional development at our event. Register here.
What is it for?
Access BC will connect you (international graduate students in the social sciences) to programs, services, and resources to support your career and professional development.
- Services & Supports Roundtable (1:10 - 2:30 pm)
- Networking (2:30 – 2:50 pm)
- Finding Work: Insights From Local Employment Experts (3:00 pm – 4:30 pm)
- Closing (4:30 – 4:40 pm)
- Networking (4:40 - 5:00 pm)
What's in it for me?
- Connect with services and resources that cater to your specific needs and concerns as international social sciences graduate students;
- Gain valuable insight about MetroVancouver's job market from employment experts;
- Get a chance to share and discuss your current situation and future at the roundtable, and network.
Along with a services fair featuring the SFU offices that can help you prepare for a career in Canada, a forum of local experts and employers will provide their perspectives on the Vancouver labour market and finding work in our region. Confirmed participants include:
- Shagun Bhanot, Engagement Manager, Vantage Point
- Joan Isac, Director of Member Relations, BC Chamber of Commerce
- Patrick MacKenzie, Executive Director Immigrant Employment Council of BC
- Matthew Pape, Senior Recruiter, City of Surrey
For more information, see the event poster below: