Events and Conferences
Navigating Higher Education as a Student with a Disability
The Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) initiative and the Centre for Accessible Learning (CAL) invites you to attend a student-led panel on navigating higher education as a student with a disability.
SFU students will share their experiences in an evening of important conversations. Light refreshments will be provided. Please do not wear any scents/fragrances or bring any peanuts or oranges to this event. This event is free but registration is required and limited to SFU students, staff and faculty. More detailed accessibility information is included below.
- Time: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
- Date: March 1, 2019
- Location: SFU Burnaby Campus (exact location to be determined)
Registration is required for this event. To register, please use the following link: http://websurvey.sfu.ca/survey/336566673.
If you are not able to fill out the online registration form, please contact David Le, CAL Disability Services Officer, at 778-782-9724. All information provided through this registration form or to CAL will be kept confidential and used only for the purpose of organizing the event. Deadline to register is February 15, 2019 at 4:00pm.
If you have any comments or questions, please direct them to David Le, CAL Disability Services Officer, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 778-782-9724.
We strive to create as accessible and safe a space as possible for this event. Accessibility information is included below and will be updated as information becomes available. Please submit any accessibility needs using the registration form above. If you are not able to fill out the online registration form, please contact David Le, CAL Disability Services Officer, at 778-782-9724. If further information or clarification is needed, you will receive a follow-up email (or phone call, if applicable) from David Le, CAL Disability Services Officer.
1) The event will be accessible by car and public transit. The nearest accessible parkade is the Central Parkade beneath Convocation Mall. Covered accessible parking spots are available in the parkade. Please note that the hourly parking rate at the Central Parkade is $3.25 per hour. If this cost is a barrier to your participation, please contact David Le by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 778-782-9724 and we would happy to assist.
2) Please note that there is construction throughout the university. On the day of the event, if you have trouble finding or navigating to the event space, please contact Campus Security at 778-782-7991 to request a Safewalk to the event.
3) On the day of the event, signage will be made to direct attendees to the event space. More information to follow once the event location is confirmed.
4) More detailed event directions including information on elevators, accessible parking stalls, and washrooms (accessible, gender inclusive, single stall) to follow upon confirmation of event location.
1) CART (Communication Access Real-time Translation) will be booked for the event.
2) If event materials are used, they will be available in print, large print and electronically on a flash drive.
1) Reserved tables and chairs will be available upon request. A limited number of ergonomic chairs and chairs with and without armrests will be available at the event.
2) The location is expected to be wheelchair accessible. More information to follow.
3) A service animal station will be available at the event.
1) Please refrain from wearing scents or fragrances.
2) Please do not bring any oranges to the event.
3) Please do not bring any peanuts to the event.
1) Light refreshments will be provided and registrants will be notified of the menu prior to the event.
2) Food will be labelled.
3) Bendable straws and lightweight cups will be available.
4) A staff member will be available to serve the refreshments.
Additional Accessibility Considerations:
1) Depending on the availability of space, a separate quiet room may be available on the day of the event. More information to follow.
2) If you have any questions or require additional information, please do not hesitate to contact David Le by email at email@example.com or by phone at 778-782-9724.
For more information, visit the CAL website.
Tags: Events and Conferences;