Events and Conferences
Call for Proposal: 17th Symposium on Teaching and Learning
The SFU Teaching and Learning Centre invites interactive and innovative proposals from faculty, sessional instructors, teaching assistants, tutor-markers, students, staff, and administrators that demonstrate how your practice, research, or scholarly inquiry relates to the theme of Assessing and Celebrating Teaching and Student Learning.
Submission Deadline: Fri, March 22, 2019
Event Date: Wed–Thu, May 15–16, 2019
Sub-themes and underlying threads to guide the development of your proposal may include, but are not limited to:
Assessing Student Learning
- The role and impact of assessment on learning and student success
- Assessment and feedback at the course, program and institutional level
- Assessment of program and course learning outcomes
- Valuing inclusion and diverse perspectives in assessment strategies (e.g., UDL principles)
- Integrating digital tools and technologies for assessment
- Using the university-wide student evaluation of teaching and courses (SETC) system
Evaluation of Teaching
- Rethinking the institutional, disciplinary and departmental cultures of assessment
- Designing effective teaching assessment methods (beyond SETC)
- Facilitating formative and summative assessment (e.g., reflective practice, peer observation/review of teaching, etc.)
- Exploring ways to review teaching practice that are meaningful to faculty members, tenure and promotion committees (TPCs), and administrators
- Exploring the institutional commitment to teaching excellence
- Approaches to training, recognition, and rewarding faculty who want to improve the quality and effectiveness of their teaching
- Assessing the impacts and outcomes of faculty development, teaching dossiers/portfolios, awards, etc.
- Leveraging the synergy between faculty members, faculty development, and student learning to influence institutional changes to policy and administration
For complete details or to submit a proposal, please visit the TLC website.
Tags: Events and Conferences;