How can you use your graduate degree to get a job you love?
Designing your Life will connect you with SFU alumni who have created interesting, non-linear careers that took them beyond traditional disciplinary boundaries.
At this event, we aim to highlight unique career possibilities that exist for advanced degree holders, helping you envision possibilities for yourself you may never have considered before.
Attend this event and be inspired to start carving your own niche which fits your goals and lifestyle!
- Date: Tuesday, February 7
- Time: 5-8pm
- Location: Wosk Centre for Dialogue, SFU Vancouver
Inspirational SFU Alumni (see full bios)
- Aaron Cruikshank (MA, Public Policy), Managing Partner, Crux Group
- Adrian Moise (PhD, Computing Science), Founder and CEO, Aequilibrium Software
- Brendan Connors (PhD, Biology), Senior Systems Ecologist, ESSA Technologies
- Cindy Jiang (MPH, Public Health), Manager, Threadworks
- Darcie Bennett (PhD, Sociology), Director of Strategy, Pivot Legal Society
- Helen Kang (PhD, Sociology), Medical Writer and Researcher
- Joanne Hastie (MBA, Business Administration), Marketing, Sponsorship & Business Development Director, GranFondo Canada and professional artist
- Mike Damiani (PhD, Chemistry), Patent Lawyer
- Nicole Read (MA, History), Mayor, City of Maple Ridge
- Parvind Grewal (PhD, Mechatronics), Systems Analyst, Provincial Health Services Authority
- Robin Roff (PhD, Geography), Conflict Resolution Specialist, UBC Faculty Association
- Steve Anderson (MA, Communication), Founder and Senior Strategist, OpenMedia
- Plenary session where you'll be introduced to the panelists
- Three small-group roundtable sessions where you'll have the opportunity to sit with three of the panelists (Early bird registrants will have the opportunity to pick their top three choices)
- The event wraps up with a networking session where attendees can mix and mingle with all of the panelists
- Early bird $12: January 13–27
- Regular $20: January 28–February 6 (ticket sales stop at 9:00 am. Tickets will not be sold at the door.)
All tickets include refreshments and one drink ticket.
Register early to save money and enjoy an extra perk: Early bird ticket holders have the option to request the three panelists they would like to sit with during the roundtable sessions.
Please note: We cannot guarantee that you will be placed with all of your top picks, but we will do our best to give early bird ticket holders their top pick(s).
Regular ticket holders will be assigned to roundtables randomly.